Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Seven-Year Itch

Monday was our seven year wedding anniversary. We actually went out for a meal and to see a movie. Thank God (seriously!) for kids who are in bed by 7:30 and a babysitter who knows you don't necessarily have to pick up a baby who is making little whimpering noises. We had a really nice time.

I'm not feeling 'itchy' in my relationship with my husband at all. We spend a lot of time together-- we work together, and have done for the past 6 years -- so that means sometimes we don't have anything interesting to say to each other (what did you do today? That's right, I know, I was there). But we have a lot of laughs, he's so great with the kids, and I just love him! Not in that fluttery way I did when we first met, but in a really wonderful, solid way.

To commemorate 7 years, I tried to have a theme of 'seven' on Monday night -- order number 7 off the menu...well, that's as far as it went. But, here it is, seven great things about my husband:

1. That English accent. Still love it so much.
2. Every night, he makes sure all the doors are locked and turns off the lights.
3. He cooks. Not just defrosting chicken nuggets, or being the opposite, a guy who feels like he must make really fancy stuff. He makes pasta sauce and shepherd's pie and barbecue chicken -- in fact, he cooks most nights while I feed the baby.
4. He's a really good host whenever people come to our house, whether it's just for tea or to stay a few days.
5. He has a special song he sings to the kids when he puts them to bed.
6. He is the BEST driver I have ever been in the car with. Every other person (honestly) makes me feel carsick, but he is really good, and even tries to avoid the potholes for me.

And last but oh, so definitely not least ...
7. He empties the cloth nappy bucket (where they have been soaking for several days). If you have never been in close contact with one of these receptacles, you will just have to imagine how great he is for doing it every time. It is really stinkin' (literally!) great of him.

And that is why my husband is awesome. Do you hear me sweetheart? AWESOME!

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP