Friday, February 27, 2009

A few bits and pieces

Like always, I've been mentally drafting blog entries, not posting them, and falling behind. SO here are the condensed versions:

  • Caitlyn was crying the other night and I standing next to the cot holding her. I was so tired/half-asleep I honestly thought I was just going to fall down. But she screamed if I even started to bend my legs towards sitting down. Her Highness insists we stand in her presence.

  • I noticed the crocuses are coming up and some trees are beginning to bloom, and wondered: why is Lent during Spring? Just when life starts to get a bit better after winter, we're supposed to deprive ourselves of something enjoyable? (I know, it's because of Easter). Oh, and people with ashes on their heads for Ash Wednesday still always make me do a double-take.

  • I didn't give anything up for Lent, but I'm going to try to go for a walk every day. Not easy when it's too dark after the kids go to bed to go then, and there's always at least 1 non-buggy-riding child with me all day. Walking with children is not exercise, it's just annoying.

  • Alannah is learning Irish at nursery, but I can't tell what are real irish words and what are just the made up words of a four year old. They sound strikingly similar.

  • The other night I was making dinner and all was quiet, so of course I went to check it out. The older two were indeed playing nicely with each other when I went into the room. I left them to their game, but I had broken the spell..the fighting broke out as soon as I left, and they remembered they wanted to vie for my attention.

  • I was lying down with Charlie at bedtime yesterday and we were talking about rugby. I looked at those big blue eyes, soft little cheeks, and kissed him. And said 'Even when you are a big boy who plays rugby, I will still kiss you, because that's what Mommies do.'

3 comments:

Jo 2:13 PM  

I applaud the effort to get the blogging cranked up again. Caitlyn seems like she is adding to the numerous reasons you can't sleep at night? :-)

Ali 12:43 AM  

When at college, I worked in a shopping centre in West Belfast. On Ash Wednesday a man appeared at my till with the ashes on and I served him and then said 'hmm, excuse me ... you have a wee mark on your forehead there ...' Spot the prod :-s

LOL are you saying Irish is all gibberish?? ;-)

On the last point, yes you will, but NEVER in the presence of his team-mates!!

Dublin Mom 11:47 AM  

Yes, Caitlyn is going through a wake-up-and-scream phase (I hope it's a phase!) that as I recall is fairly typical around 9 months. So we are all tired...
And Ali, I'm not saying Irish is gibberish, just my 4 year old's gibberish sounds like Irish. Example: she says 'laba' which actualy does mean bed in irish, but sounds made-up. Then says 'hallot', which she admits isn't Irish, just an Alannah word!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP